Friday, September 17, 2010

You know it's a good song when

lots of people cover it. You know it's a great song when lots of people sample it. This song (or rather, this chord progression) easily gets stuck in my head, and that's all right - it's the kind of tune you don't mind getting stuck in your head. Even though in high school my brother and I listened to a show named after the original song, I never heard this chord progression until the music video at the bottom came out. I was a freshman in college then. It was the first year I had a computer in my own bedroom. First year I stayed up all night with a person of the opposite gender. First year I tasted alcohol, first year I smoked anything, first year I seriously explored religions other than fundamentalist Christianity, and the first year I voted - and though I was a Republican among Republicans, I didn't vote for the Republican presidential candidate. For some reason.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a part-time philosopher and a former immigration paralegal with a BA in philosophy and a paralegal certificate from UC San Diego.